Today’s styles come and go, but a classic always has the ability to come back with a fresh perspective. Ottoman Beds are classics that have been around for ages yet continue to be modern in their design. It is no surprise for customers that they have seen a resurgence in homes and commercial spaces such as hotels, restaurants & bars, etc.
Ottoman Beds represent a refined style of furniture that is not only comfortable but also aesthetically pleasing. They are best suited for those with a sophisticated sense of style to create an elegant environment.
Ottoman Beds are available in a variety of sizes.
- They range from the single ottoman, which is essentially just a seat that can be used to rest your feet on, or an extra seat when you have guests over.
- The small double ottoman is one step up – it has 2 cushions and is very comfortable sitting on. The single ottoman is available in a square and a rectangular shape, whereas the double ottoman comes in either square or rectangle.
- The king-size ottoman/storage solutions bed is perfect and versatile amongst all sizes. It has 3 storage compartments underneath, allowing you to hide your bedding paraphernalia such as pillows, sheets, and blankets. Aside from storage beds, they add a unique visual element to the bedrooms with their regal design.
Several different materials are used in the making of beds:
- Solid Wood
Each material has its own unique properties and so it is best to decide on a style that you like and then select a material accordingly. For example, if you like the classic look of leather but want something more modern for your bedroom, then you could go for a leather bed base with a fabric cushion.
The use of metal in the design is often to support the structure and shape of the bed.
Metal beds are extremely sturdy and durable, not to mention they come in a multitude of different finishes that may surprise you!
You can find Ottoman Beds to suit any budget. While some budget ones are available, you will find that this quality may not be as high as their higher-priced counterparts.
Quality is important because it is something you use daily and should last for years to come.
There is an extensive range of colors available for beds. The color of the bed can play a big role in how warm or cool the bedroom feels, so to maximize your comfort, consider this when choosing a color that you like.
For example, if you live in an environment that is very hot during summer, choose something light such as white to reflect the light and keep the room cool. If you live somewhere much cooler, it is best to go for a darker color that insulates better.
A good rule of thumb is that dark colors absorb more light while lighter colors tend to reflect it, so if you have lots of natural light in your bedroom, then opt for something bright that will really bring out the color of your room.
Ottoman Beds are available in a variety of places. As well as online retailers such as eBay and Amazon, you can find them at several department stores such as Target & Kmart, to name just a few. For your convenience, here is where you can buy an Ottoman Bed from these popular retailers:
- eBay – You can find a huge range of Ottoman Beds at eBay, with prices starting as low as £25! They have a vast selection of styles to suit even the pickiest of shoppers.
- Target Prices start from £42 for a double bed all the way up to £166 for an elegant 4-poster design. They have an extensive range of sizes from single, double to king.
- Kmart Store Prices start from £35 for a single bed and go all the way up to £137 for queen-sized beds with storage space designed in leather. They offer both fabric and faux leather beds with various finishes available.
What are the benefits of ottoman beds?
- As they are no different from regular beds, you can enjoy all the usual advantages that include sleeping well and waking up feeling rejuvenated.
- Adding an ottoman bed means that you can sit comfortably on edge or even lie down for a quick nap if you feel inclined.
- They are also a practical addition to the bedroom, providing additional storage options and an innovative design feature that can complement any decor style.
What mattresses are best for an ottoman bed?
An ottoman bed works well with any mattress you prefer, be it memory foam or innerspring. Your choice of a mattress will depend on your personal preferences and how much room there is under the bed to accommodate one.
You can choose an all-foam mattress to give the bed a modern look or opt for a traditional innerspring mattress for that classic look.
What headboards are best for an ottoman bed?
Choosing a headboard for your ottoman bed is optional. If you have other pieces of furniture, such as one that attaches to the wall, it would be best to stick with this design feature. However, if there are no other vertical elements in your room, then an ottoman bed looks great with any taste, whether modern or traditional.
How to build an ottoman bed?
Ottoman beds are straightforward to build. Most are fully assembled, meaning all you have to do is open the box and place it where you want in your bedroom.
A few larger models may come with detailed instructions on how to put them together but most simply require someone with average strength to carry them into the room and place them where desired.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a stylish, space-saving addition to your room that provides a storage solution simultaneously, then this is definitely the way to go. The designs available mean that you will be able to find one that fits right in with your existing decor style, whether it be contemporary or traditional.